Verbs in English are quite easy. However, you keep forgetting to add an “s” in the present simple for the third person singular: He/she/it. He lives, she likes, it rains… and so on. I have just corrected the paragraph you wrote about Toni’s students and discovered that you insist on forgetting that tricky “s”.
You are learning verbs in Spanish with Emili, so we’ll revise a list of very common English verbs you all should know. Next post will be about irregular verbs, which are not tricky but need some extra work.
Watch this video and answer the questions:
Here follow some of the verbs that are mentioned in the video, Did you hear all of them?
- Are there any irregular verbs in the list? Which ones?
- Write the simple past and the past participle.
- Can you add any more verbs to the list ?
- What are the verbs mentioned in the video associated with using your imagination?
- In the video you will see some nouns that are turned into verbs? The first one is bat. Can you add three more?
- What are the examples given of transitive verbs. Verbs with an object?
- What is the verb used in the video to define what a subject is?
Copy your anwers in your notebook and post them to the blog. There is no need to repeat answers unless you have something new to say or want to correct errors from your classmates.