This morning you participated in an interpretation workshop at Caixaforum. For many of you it was the first time on the stage, wasn’t it? Now, you will not be so shy when you have to read or talk in front of an audience.
I think you did a very good job and your poem readings improved a lot after doing the exercises proposed. You see, there are techniques to learn how to use your voice and how to read in a meaningful way.
I could not wait until the end of the workshop but the groups I liked very much the groups I saw and the warming up exercises.
- Did you notice that in some of the warming up exercises you worked with alliterations and tongue twisters?
Here you can see two of the poems that you worked with this morning.
Do you remember the technique you used to express paradoxes in Pablo Neruda LXVI love sonnet?
Paula, María and Andrea had to face the audience or the wall depending on the verses they read.
- Do you think it worked?
- did it help you understand the poem?
- Can you think of other techniques that helped you express the poem meaning?
The first poem we heard this morning, “T’estim però me’n fot”, is from a Majorcan poet from Manacor, Miquel Àngel Riera. It opens with a paradox too. We listened to a recording by an actor, Pep Tosar. who read it for us. I’m sure you realised how important it is to use your voice effectively.
T’estim però me’n fot. No em resta gaire
de suportar la humiliació del vòmit
vital que és estimar. Ja fineix l’hora
dels finestrals oberts, les dents polsoses,
les taques de pantaix per les solapes
i dels taurons pels músculs o dreceres.
Se’m fonen tots els ploms de la mà dreta
sols que et toqui amb dos dits, arrapadissos,
per integrar-te en mi. Però s’hi encenen
aurores boreals que són contagis.
T’estim però me’n fot. Som a l’espera
del llamp reblanidor que ens amalgami
i t’encasti en mi tant, que pugui dir-te:
-Ja t’estim tant, que et pots morir quan vulguis.
- Did you like the outing?
- Did the workshop help you enjoy and understand poems?
- Are you less shy to walk on the stage and face an audience?
Now, remember we must go to see our classmates. Maria, Álvaro and Josep, in the poetry show that will take place in May. We’ll be an enthusiastic audience!
Post your comments to the blog for Monday 11th
Here follow the group summaries of the activity.
1-Who was the author?
* We took a poem of Miguel Angel i Pol.
2-What was the poem about?
*The poem was about a couple that broke up and they decided to live a new life.
3-What was the technique that Franxesca used to help us to interpret the poem on the stage?
The teacher used some different techniques to help us on the stage; for example, in our group we sat on the stage floor and we moved the feet back to represent the past and forward to represent the future
Written by Isabela, Jhazmin and Marina
-What was the poem about?
The poem was about a man and a girl that met each other in the traffic line. The man loves the girl but the girl does not love him and he said to her that if she does not love him now then he isn’t going to love her.
-Who was the author?
The author was Joan Margarit.
-What was the technique Xisca used to help us interpret the poem on stage?
The technique was that when we said a positive thing we had to walk towards the audience, and when we said negative things we had to walk backwards.
- *Written by Marta Serra, Silvia Martin and Ariadna Balufo
Who was the author?
– The author from our poem was Federico García Lorca.
What was the poem about?
– It was about a bullfighter who didn’t want to see blood.
What was the technique that Franxesca used to help us to interpret the poem on the stage?
– She said that we had to interpret the poem with different expressions such as: being angry, being scared, being furious…
Did it work?
– Yes, it worked very well.
- Written by: Miquel, Pau Campomar and Noé.
* Name of the poem : No te quiero porque te quiero.
* Author : Pablo Neruda.
* Theme: This poem expresses love , hate , remorse and revenge.
* Technique : When we expressed positive things , we faced the audience , but when we expressed negative things we faced the wall.
- Written by : Maria , Paula G. and Ariadna
* Who was the author?
–We don’t remember the name of the author.
* What was the poem about?
-The poem was about the wind.
*What was the technique Xisca used to help us interpret the poem on stage?
-She grabbed our arms and we had to try to go forward, and she stopped us.
* Did is work?
-Yes, it did.
- Written by Alvaro, Joan and Vladis