During the last weeks we have been working on how to talk about the future. This time we are going to focus on a simple question: “Where do you see yourself in 15 years”. In order to get an idea of some possible answers, I have interviewed some people who have told me about their future plans.
Task 1 – Watch the video and answer the following questions in your notebook:
– What kind of job would Andrew like to have in the future? Explain giving details.
– Would he like to have a family by then? Explain.
– Where does Marta see herself in 15 years? Explain in your own words. Include every aspect of what she says.
– What place would Pepi like to go back in the future? Where is it? Research about it and tell the most typical things you can find there.
– Why does Sonsoles expect to be better off when she talks about money?
– Why does Maria think she will be alive in 15 years time?
– What does she say about her family? Explain.
Task 2 – Now let’s focus on grammar and have a look at the new verb tenses we have just learned. Go through the videos thoroughly and extract all the Future Continuous (will be + verb-ing) and Future Perfect (will have + past participle) forms that appear in the video. Sort them out according to the person who uses them. Write a list in your notebook.
Task 3 – Last week you wrote a composition answering the same question. Post it as a reply to this activity .
Here you’ve got your own videos:
Álvaro’s video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHJRMTzD8I