In Maths, with Joana, you are working with statistics, aren’t you? So you all should know how to work with percentages. Percentages let us find out a measure of the “middle” value of a data set.
In 1.en.13, you watched a video about how we are about to reach the impresive figure of 7 billion human beings. you need to be really good at statistics to end up with an answer of what the typical human being is like. Results are some times surprising.
- What is the typical human being like? could we make a portrait of this average being?
- Would you say the typical human is black or white?
- Would you say it is a woman or a man?
- Is this typical human being a teenager or a middle aged person?
- Would you say this typical human being lives in the countryside or in a city?
- Is being typical relative?
Watch this video and check whether your guesses were correct. Write a 3 to 4 line comment on your notebook. Did you find it interesting? Did it surprise you? Post feedback to the blog.