This year we shall be working with newspapers . We’ll read paper and on line editions. Headlines are essential. Headlines in English are a bit difficult to understand. Sometimes headlines omit words: subjects, verbs…´
Today, this piece of news appeared in a local newspaper.
- Which newspaper did this piece of news appear in ?
- What’s the headline?
- Which section of the paper did this piece of news appear?
- What can you see in the photo?
- What is the caption?
- If you had to tell an English friend, what are the words you would need to look up in the dictionary to expalin what is going on?
- what kind of information does the journalist include?