You must be very busy finding out how much food you’ll need to feed a family. Probably, you’ll be surprised when you sort out how much money you’ll need. A good way to go about that could be to check with your parents, they surely have got experience at making ends meet.
However, today I want you to look at food and eating habits in a different way: practising questions.
I have a list of questions for you about food. Some of them are very easy to answer, while you’ll need to put some thought into it to answer others. Brunch, pot-luck, fishbone, pizza topping, are some of the words you’ll be familiar with after answering these 24 questions
- Do you ever skip breakfast? If so, how often and why?
- Do you like trying new foods? What was your latest discovery?
- How often do you/your parents go shopping for food? do you go with them?
- Does your family have any special recipes that are passed down from generation to generation? Which one?
- Have you ever eaten something that made you ill?
- Do you have any food allergies?
- Do you use spices in your meals? Which one is your favourite?
- What’s your favorite snack?
- Are you worried about your calorie intake?
- Do you like deep fried food?
- Are there any foods that you wouldn’t eat as a child that you eat now?
- Do you eat fruit every day?How many pieces as an average?
- Do you think fast food, soda and sweets should be sold in school cafeterias?What do you buy in the school cafeteria?
- Is there any food that you really dislike to eat?
- What kind of vegetables do you like? Can you name three?
- When was the last time you ate at a restaurant?
- Do you think obesity is becoming a problem in the United States and throughout the world?Why?
- Do you like brunch? Have you had it?
- Have you ever found something disgusting in your food?
- Have you ever been to a pot-luck dinner? What did you bring?
- Have you ever got a fishbone is caught in your throat? What did you do?
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- What did you eat for lunch yesterday?
- How long do you/your parents spend in the kitchen every day proparing family meals?
HOMEWORK : Tuesday 31st May
Everyone must answer these 24 questions in their notebook. Then, each person will post the answer to one question to the blog. We’ll follow alphabetical order. Number 1 Izabela, and so on. Each person will be responsible for putting his/her question to other classmates and make a comment in the blog.
For example, if I was responsible for question nuber 1, I would say: I sometimes skip breakfast in the morning, but not very often. I skip breakfast when I oversleep and I’m late for school. I asked 5 teachers from the English department and none of them skip breakfast.
Finally, a big challenge for those of you who are web detective experts.
- What country do you have to be in in order to taste Cris’s brunch? … Can you guess? I bet you’ll be surprised
- Who is the “ethical chef” that explains what a pot.luck is?
- Where is he from?
- Why does he call himself “ethical”?
I have linked the images to the blogs, so it will not be difficult to find out. Let’s see who is the first one to answer. (4 extra bonus in irregular verbs)