outing to Sa Nostra 7th Feb 2011
In this outing we are going to visit a very interesting exhibition on poisonous animals at Sa Nostra.
Here follow the questions you have to answer.
1) Most animals in the exhibition are very colourful. What is the function of colours? Write some examples?
2) Which continent do most animals come from?
3) What type of animals are represented?
4)You will watch a video about antidotes. Which animals are used to make antidotes against different poisons?
5) What do we mean when we say that a poison is Neurotoxic?
6) What does a Hemotoxic poison do?
7) Name the animals you find most interesting and explain why.
8)What other living beings are there in the exhibition that are not animals? Write some of them.
9) what type of things did you find that were not living things?
Now, try to write definitions of some of the following words. All of them are important to explain what you saw in the exhibition. Use relative pronouns to link your sentences.
1)fangs; 2)albinism; 3)prey; 4)diet;5) toxic;6) mimesis;7) strenght; 8) oviparous; 9)viviparous; 10) defense; 11) sting; 12) habitat;
A butterfly is an insect. A butterfly has colourful wings
A butterfly is an insect which has colorful wings
Did you enjoy the visit?
Did you learn some new facts about poison and poisonous animals?
Use the back of the photocopy to take notes.