All of you should know a tongue twister by heart and next week we’ll record you, so you better get some practice. By now you should know that phonetics is very important in English because pronunciation and spelling are tricky. Some sounds are a bit difficult too. In this video you can listen to the English sounds and see how they are represented. You are already familiar with some of them. Next step will be to concentrate on vowel sounds, including long ones. It is a bit long, but it will give you a chance to practice as many times as you need.
- How are long vowels represented?
- How many vowel sounds are there in English?
- What is the most common sound in English?
- How many diphthongs are there in English?
- Can the schwa sound appear in stressed syllables?
- How many sounds have we learnt so far?
Homework: Thursday 2nd December. Copy the answers in your notebook and post them to the blog.